Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Tabular Form fill data from cursor (windows)
Tabular Form fill data from cursor [message #687991] Mon, 07 August 2023 02:31 Go to next message
HasnainAli
HI,
A.O.A

I want to pull data from database table Employee and show in a block.

I created block manually and when my form open or i pressed a data load button then all record of table employee show in a tabular from.

Basically I am going to create attendance form for employee when my form open all active employee show in tabular form and after that
I select P ,A,L and then pressed save then all record of above saved in database table attendance.

in oracle form builder 6i.

help me please to do this.
Re: Tabular Form fill data from cursor [message #688014 is a reply to message #687991] Thu, 10 August 2023 02:06 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I created block manually
From my point of view, that - the very first step - was wrong.

If you used data block Wizard, Forms would create a fully functional tabular form where you'd just

- execute query (with possible filters) to fetch existing data
- modify anything you want
- save changes

If you don't want to make it look fancy, you'd have it up & running in a matter of seconds.

Of course, you CAN do it manually, but that requires much more work to fix everything you need. If I were you, I'd delete that form and create a new one, using the Wizard.
Previous Topic: Background Image set Size
Next Topic: blink multiple fields, timer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:44:47 CDT 2024