Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms Webstart to support all browsers IE, Chrome etc (Oracle forms 12c)
Forms Webstart to support all browsers IE, Chrome etc [message #684048] Mon, 29 March 2021 07:02 Go to next message
learner123
Hi Experts,

Can anyone help me how can i configure my forms application which is currently running in internet explorer and also should work in chrome.

i heard that this is a 12c feature, can anyone help me by explaining or by providing any document would be a great help for me.

thanks in advance.
Re: Forms 12c to support all browsers IE, Chrome etc [message #685499 is a reply to message #684048] Tue, 25 January 2022 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

Hi,

My database is in oracle 12c and application is in oracle forms and reports 12c.

This at present works only in Internet Explorer and is not supporting any other browsers.

In windows 11 OS, IE is not available and the application is getting blocked while opening in Microsoft Edge.

Using the help of the google , i could configure the application to open in Micorsoft Edge, but it says that it will work only for 30 days.

Also, all the features and commands of Internet Explorer are not fully available when i open the application in Edge.

Has anyone faced the same issue and have any one resolved this.

could anyone please help me configure the settings in Microsoft Edge and make the application work completely with all the features enabled as it works in Internet Explorer.

Thanks in advance
Re: Forms Webstart to support all browsers IE, Chrome etc [message #685524 is a reply to message #684048] Thu, 27 January 2022 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

Hi,

In continuation to my previous post, i have attached the screenshot of the configuration done in the settings of Micorsoft Edge.

But when i run the oracle application in IE compatibility mode, it works only for 30 days.

Also the internet explorer settings options like File, Edit, View, Tools are not available. If i want to print a report, i am not able to go to File> Print and use the option.

Could you any one who has overcome this issue help me resolve this issue, since windows 11 does not have Internet Explorer and it is heard that internet explorer will not be functional from June
  • Attachment: Edge.jpg
    (Size: 76.17KB, Downloaded 1068 times)
Re: Forms Webstart to support all browsers IE, Chrome etc [message #685526 is a reply to message #685524] Fri, 28 January 2022 13:18 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Have a look at The End of Internet Explorer – How Does It Impact Oracle Forms? article; maybe you'll find something useful.

I hope so, as your Forms version is 12c.
Previous Topic: PDF file upload into oracle db columns and showing when it is required
Next Topic: SELECTION_RECTANGLE on Images
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:48:24 CDT 2024