Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » user disconnected (Oracle 11g)
user disconnected [message #676162] Fri, 17 May 2019 16:08 Go to next message
Habeeb
Oracle 11g users are getting disconnected:

1. All courts (JPCD,CPCD,SCCD,CHCD) uses this application.
2. Not all have the issue. The ones reporting it is users in JPCD 133, JPCD137.
3. We do not start the DB for the users. Users connect to the DB through the application front end.
4. When restarted it works good for the day. It only happens at 8:30am.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Habeeb
Re: user disconnected [message #676165 is a reply to message #676162] Sat, 18 May 2019 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Your question is not clear.

Is this user <-> DB server or user <-> application server <-> Db server?
Is there any error?

First check alert.log, listener.log and any trace file.

Re: user disconnected [message #676168 is a reply to message #676162] Sat, 18 May 2019 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
Habeeb wrote on Fri, 17 May 2019 16:08
Oracle 11g users are getting disconnected:

1. All courts (JPCD,CPCD,SCCD,CHCD) uses this application.
2. Not all have the issue. The ones reporting it is users in JPCD 133, JPCD137.
3. We do not start the DB for the users. Users connect to the DB through the application front end.
4. When restarted it works good for the day. It only happens at 8:30am.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Habeeb
1a. What's a "court" and how does that enlighten the question?
1b. What's 'JCPD', a 'CPCD', a 'SCCD' and a 'CHCD'? What's the difference between them, and how does any of that enlighten the question?
4a. When 'what' is restarted?
4b. So what is happening every day at 8:30am?

No one is looking over your shoulder and all you've really told is is that after 8:30 every day, some users are disconnected.
Re: user disconnected [message #676197 is a reply to message #676168] Mon, 20 May 2019 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Habeeb
Hi,

"Court" like the querment court
1b. What's 'JCPD', a 'CPCD', a 'SCCD' and a 'CHCD'? What's the difference between them, and how does any of that enlighten the question?
These are different branches using the same Application and same Database.
After the disconnection the users select again and the day works ok.
That is not known checked the Alert.log no issue.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These are Application users, the issue is that they are disconnected from the database not all the users or not all the branches.
In the morning but when's connected they are good to go

Thanks

Habeeb
Re: user disconnected [message #676198 is a reply to message #676197] Mon, 20 May 2019 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
Habeeb wrote on Mon, 20 May 2019 10:41
Hi,

"Court" like the querment court
These are different branches using the same Application and same Database.
After the disconnection the users select again and the day works ok.
That is not known checked the Alert.log no issue.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These are Application users, the issue is that they are disconnected from the database not all the users or not all the branches.
In the morning but when's connected they are good to go

Thanks

Habeeb
So, in spite of all the white noise about "courts" and "querment court" (whatever that its) and "branches of courts", your problem comes down to some but not all of your usersers get disconnected every morning at 8:30 am.

Are they being actively disconnected while working? Or is it the find they have been disconnected overnight, and only discover it when they come to work at 8:30?

It appears from your description that the database itself is never down, but only some client connections?

How widely distributed are these client connections, and is there a geographical commonality between the ones that disconnect vs.the ones that do not disconnect? Are the failing users on a different subnet from the non-failing? Are the connections three-tier (workstation > app server > db server) or two-tier (workstation > db server)?
Re: user disconnected [message #676202 is a reply to message #676198] Mon, 20 May 2019 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Habeeb
Thanks for the help... The problem the user gets when they are disconnected is clearly that it is network.

But sometimes it is herd to understand, that is why I want to make sure that it is not Oracle rather it is something else, but you are the experts.

This is the error they were getting.
DTI is looking into this. My assumption is that it is related to network since nothing changed on the database side.

FRM-92102: A network error has occurred.
The Forms Client has attempted to reestablish its
connection to the Server 5 time(s) without success.
Please check the network connection and try again leter.

FRM-92102: A network error has occurred
The Forms Client has attempted to reestablish its commection to the Server 5 time(s) without success.
Please checkthe network connection and try again later.
Details...
oracle.forms.net ConnectionException createConnectionException(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.getResponse(Unknow Eource)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.doFlush(Unfnown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.flush(Unknown Source)
at java.io.DateOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageWriter.run(Unknown Source)
Re: user disconnected [message #676216 is a reply to message #676202] Tue, 21 May 2019 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
Well, I'm not a Forms expert. If you had mentioned that, along with the actual error messages you now post, in your first post, you could have save much time. Please remember that no one here knows your system, and no one here is looking over your shoulder. No one here knows what a 'DTI' is.

That said, now that we finally have an error message, what did you discover when you googled "frm-92102 a network error has occurred" or "the forms client has attempted to establish"?

Re: user disconnected [message #676222 is a reply to message #676216] Tue, 21 May 2019 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Habeeb
Thanks and sorry for not pointing the issue early. I found the same issue before I started on DBA (https://community.oracle.com/thread/325306), but as said before the application people consisted that it is the Database not the network. I just wanted to make sure that there is no issue on our side. The issue is not yet resolved every day starting the users are disconnected.

Thanks all...

Habeeb
Re: user disconnected [message #676223 is a reply to message #676222] Tue, 21 May 2019 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Habeeb wrote on Tue, 21 May 2019 07:07
Thanks and sorry for not pointing the issue early. I found the same issue before I started on DBA (https://community.oracle.com/thread/325306), but as said before the application people consisted that it is the Database not the network. I just wanted to make sure that there is no issue on our side. The issue is not yet resolved every day starting the users are disconnected.

Thanks all...

Habeeb
Oracle database NEVER initiates any disconnect from client.
Oracle database depends upon OS for all network packet exchange.
I am 100% certain that root cause & fix are external to Oracle database.
Problem either exists within application or at OS/networking level.

Does any Firewall exist at or between DB server system & the clients being disconnected?
Re: user disconnected [message #676225 is a reply to message #676222] Tue, 21 May 2019 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
Habeeb wrote on Tue, 21 May 2019 09:07
... as said before the application people consisted that it is the Database not the network. ...
Been down that road before. That's why I asked about possible relationship between geographical location (and thus, network or subnet differences) of "working" and "failing" users. Even without geographical differences, if one client is working and another not, then the database is not the controlling variable between success and failure.

Unfortunately, there is a class of developers/help desk techs/network techs who, as soon as the word "oracle" is uttered, decide that the oracle database must be the cause of the problem. In my experience, it seldom is. Over the years a great deal of my time has been spent running and analyzing traces just to prove to some non-DBA that their problem was not with the database. It's a sad day when a DBA has to collect a packet sniff trace to prove to a network admin that the problem really does lie in the network.

Re: user disconnected [message #676227 is a reply to message #676225] Tue, 21 May 2019 11:44 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

+1

Previous Topic: create link access database with oracle.
Next Topic: cisco wifi router not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:52:55 CDT 2024