Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » APEX 4.2 required fields error (APEX 4.2)
APEX 4.2 required fields error [message #662503] Thu, 04 May 2017 03:51 Go to next message
emkardum
Hello, I have a strange problem - when I made application export to other server I got some errors on that exported version: on every page that contains required fields, after page submit (save) if required fields are empty, instead of showing normal user friendly message, it returns this error :

Error Error processing condition.
ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception
Technical Info (only visible for developers)
is_internal_error: true
apex_error_code: APEX.CONDITION.UNHANDLED_ERROR
ora_sqlcode: -1002
ora_sqlerrm: ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception
component.type: APEX_APPLICATION_LIST_ENTRIES
component.id: 157579633851405120
component.name: Feedback
error_backtrace:
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 1942 ORA-06512: at "SYS.WWV_DBMS_SQL", line 1331 ORA-06512: at "SYS.WWV_DBMS_SQL", line 1355 ORA-06512: at "SYS.WWV_DBMS_SQL", line 1393 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_DYNAMIC_EXEC", line 906 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_CONDITIONS", line 331

I've tried to fix this with manual validations on item, but the problem remains...Might it be related to something on server (GlassFish)? Thanks in advance!
Re: APEX 4.2 required fields error [message #662511 is a reply to message #662503] Thu, 04 May 2017 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you already have the export file, open it in text editor and search for 157579633851405120 (it is the component ID). Then have a closer look, as you might gather some additional and useful information. Apex says "apex_application_list_entries" type which might lead to a list region; do you have any (perhaps on Page 0)? If so, is there any query associated to it? How does it look like? Does it call any stored procedure/function which might be raising ORA-01002?
Re: APEX 4.2 required fields error [message #662554 is a reply to message #662511] Fri, 05 May 2017 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emkardum
Hi, thanks for fast reply, it helped! It really has something to do with the lists, but I can't figure what exactly. I have few lists on Page 0 which are conditional (Condition type : Exists-SQL returns at least one row). First thing I did was removing sql conditions from all of them and I put simple coma delimited page condition because I thought that something is messed up in one of the queries, and I thought that solved the problem, but it didn't exactly - now I know that problem is on any page that has a list on it. So if I remove a page number from list condition and it dissapears from that page, a validation is working normally, and when I return that page in condition, the same error is back, and again it is component.type: APEX_APPLICATION_LIST_ENTRIES, just some other ID and component name. And if I delete that component temporary, that doesn't fix it either - it just gives me the same error with some other component, and on and on... So the problem is that my side navigation list and error message field are counterfighting because of something. If you get some idea please let me know and thanks a lot for your time Smile
Re: APEX 4.2 required fields error [message #662556 is a reply to message #662554] Fri, 05 May 2017 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emkardum
Forget about last post, I have list entries which are also conditional by SQL query, so now I've changed everything in a coma delimited page list condition and validation is working ok! I really don't know what's the problem, probably something in stored procedure as you said, but it is solved when I manually write page numbers that my SQL query returns. Thanks a lot one more time! Smile
Re: APEX 4.2 required fields error [message #662570 is a reply to message #662556] Fri, 05 May 2017 12:21 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm glad you solved it; however, your previous solution (for list of pages) seems to be better. Perhaps you could rewrite that query (or function, or whatever it is)? Oracle sometimes behaves really strange. Just for example: one of my Apex pages had a report whose query was
select ...
from ...
where id <> 123
and it worked for years. All of the sudden it failed with invalid number. After I rewrote it to
where id not in (select 123 from dual)
it works OK again.

Therefore, if you want, share your query with us - maybe it can be rewritten so that it works again.
Previous Topic: Problem installing ORACLE for learning APEX
Next Topic: How to connect Web to Database Server by mod_pls (PL/SQL Gateway)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:49:50 CDT 2024