Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Character mode report Problem! (Oracle 10g Reports, Win XP)
icon5.gif  Character mode report Problem! [message #604415] Mon, 30 December 2013 06:52 Go to next message
stalin4d
Hi,

I am have generated a character mode report for covering letter, but the text is not aligned correctly,
if i set the report to default the alignment is correct but when i change the mode to character its displaying
unevenly.

Note: I use flush Justify option for smooth edges of the paragraph. but its correct in default mode but for
character mode it collapses pls see the attachment so u can understand.

is there any other option to display edges of the para evenly in a character mode?

Re: Character mode report Problem! [message #604442 is a reply to message #604415] Mon, 30 December 2013 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Here's my opinion: "default mode" (as you call it) uses proportional font (such as Arial or Times New Roman) where every character takes up as much space as necessary, i.e. letter "i" takes much less space than letter "m". On the other hand, "character mode" uses a non-proportional font (such as Courier) so that every character takes the same amount of space (i.e. letter "i" takes as much as "m"). Have a look at this example and note line length difference:

Arial (proportional):
Quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.

Courier (non-proportional):
Quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.

It is possible to nicely align proportional text because it can adjust spaces as necessary. Non-proportional text can't do that; it is just like old computer systems with VT terminals and line printers. Left-align: yes; full-align: no.

Therefore, accept it as it is; character-mode can't be full aligned.
Re: Character mode report Problem! [message #604455 is a reply to message #604442] Mon, 30 December 2013 23:49 Go to previous message
stalin4d
Yes i too accept that, because i tried a lot to adjust to a Character mode but not possible!
any how thanks for the information.

[EDITED by LF: removed unnecessary quote of the whole previous message]

[Updated on: Tue, 31 December 2013 00:56] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Bar Graph - Grouped/Stacked
Next Topic: Arabic Characters Do not Display Correctly in PDF Format Using Arabic Transparent Font
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:32:15 CDT 2024