Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » get number of total page (report 10)
get number of total page [message #329949] Fri, 27 June 2008 02:18 Go to next message
rajy_salim
How to get the number of total page in report 10g.
we have any function that return the number of total page?
i need the number of total page to make a condition SRW.GET_PAGE_NUM(This_page) = total_page
Re: get number of total page [message #329972 is a reply to message #329949] Fri, 27 June 2008 03:06 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is just my theory; I can't offer a link to any document that would prove it, but - here it is: Reports Builder offers SRW.GET_PAGE_NUM function which returns current page number.

There's no "total page number" function because - in order for Reports to calculate it - it would require a report to be run and executed "go to the last page". As it could take a very long time for certain reports, I believe that they (Reports Builder developer's team) decided not to do that.

Now, I may be terribly wrong. If someone knows the answer (which either approves or disapproves my theory), please, share it with us.
Previous Topic: after parameter form
Next Topic: oracle report(websource)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 03:59:13 CDT 2024